26/01/2011

Wednesday

I watched Dirty Dancing for the first time yesterday. Hopefully, none of you are gasping in horror that it has been this long until I finally witnessed the 'nobody puts baby in the corner' moment, among others. Admittedly, I loved it! It was fun, it was sixties and it was a lot of dancing. Just the right amount of issues to keep me growing bored of this, surprisingly, non-artificial movie.

I fear that I am suffering from mid-January blues.. my heart's just not in anything at the moment. I go through the motions at school before the tedious train journey back home where I have solace until it begins again. Really, it's just tiring of the same old routine. Also, there are people at school who steal every idea - be that written down or spoken and every element of how I dress in order to regurgitate it as their own. I've never experienced this intense form of copying before but, fingers crossed, they'll choke on it soon. That came out more violent sounding than I intended and I hope you won't take me as a mad, paronoid person constantly checking that no one is stealing my individuality. Let me reassure you, I have a tiny bit more dignity than that!

In explanation to the picture in the top right - that is where I'm yearning to be. It's due to the fact that I cycled along that road, went to the top of that beautiful (if vetigo-inducing) tv tower and fell in love with Germany right there and then in Berlin, under the glorious July sun. I've never taken myself to be much of a summer loving girl, although I'm finding out that I'm missing the relentless sunshine of those summer months. That, or else I'm just lacking in good old vitamin D...

2 comments:

  1. hey iv tagged you in one of my posts i hope you dont mind :) http://littlepixieme.blogspot.com/2011/01/so-hey.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind at all! It's actually really nice to know people are reading my blog :)

    ReplyDelete