16/08/2011

Destinations

I've mentioned about my love of castles on this blog before and this is a subtle expansion of that fact. Also, it was the best spot to take a picture of the Destinations slob t-shirt from Lazy Oaf. I love how many secret places there are in ruined castles, plus the notion of linked history and all is one I just find really interesting.

The Destinations t-shirt is a good excuse for me to update on my summer, and talk about the few places I've been to over these 20-odd days that I've been free from school. Throughout the course of the last weeks, I've been taking a one fisheye photo per day in a kind of pseudo-photographer echo of what I've done over the holidays. Hopefully I'll post my 45 days of summer on here so prepare for a visual feast [or a monotonous daily photo diary of a hermit with a camera!].

Quick comment on the shirt: it's pretty much the best shape ever, totally wearable and caters for my love affair with almost everything '90s. I feel a bit like Rayanne Graft. I just need ten more drapey layers and much more colour and braiding in my hair. That would be my next surprise vis-a-vis appearance.




At the end of July I went to Belgium. An interesting mix of hard-hitting history and social escapades marked the two days, including my first 'all-nighter' - a term used very liberally to explain an evening-morning of scribbling killjoy slogans of wooden beams, talking about my chemical romance at length, and basic insomniac activities.



The castle pictured above is Old Wardour castle, located somewhere in the Cotswolds, and is the basic civil war ruined monument. I'm not going to try too hard to explain why I like empty, desolate ruins because it's not exactly the best topic of conversation and reads more like a therapist's transcript*... but a long weekend in Oxfordshire was a lot of fun and gave me a chance to do some heavy foals, 30stm and vampire weekend listening (I've got rekindled appreciation for blissful long car journeys).


Also, last week I went the Pallant House Gallery in Chichester to see their exhibition on Frida Kahlo. It was brilliant! Plus, Pallant House is an absolute gem of a place and I feel inspired to become a member of the gallery, and do a lot more wandering around the new-old halls of the red brick building.

It's been a bit quiet over here and that's down to my general absence. Nevertheless, I hope you are all having wonderful summers, whatever you're up to.

*In all seriousness, I can say that about every single musing on this thing.

2 comments: