29/10/2011

FRENCH FASCINATION

I never fail to fall in love at concerts. 

I'm writing this at half one in the morning so excuse my lack of everything but I am consumed by such great affection for 'We Were Evergreen' that I have to share it with the world. I went to see Charlie Simpson at the Concorde 2 in Brighton tonight with two close friends and he was amazing - even better than last time! So I won't go on much further about Charlie because I waxed lyrical about him in that post, but he's such a beautiful person inside and out.. why can't we just be best friends? 

The third support band for Charlie [first two aren't worth a mention] were a trio of well-dressed individuals onstage with an odd combination of instruments. We Were Evergreen put so much passion into their music, and it worked so well - with technical parts and catchy lyrics. I can't really define it, as I know they may sound too 'twee' for most people, but I think they sound really different and I'm in love with them. [NB: to anyone in the future, a fool-proof way to win my heart is by taking me to see live music.. predictable but true.]


Humble and well-mannered, when We Were Evergreen talked to the audience, they did so with french accents! Hailing from Paris, Michael, Fabienne and William are geeky and instantly likeable (and perhaps they are appealing to my francophile side as well). Perfect counterpart to the dark brooding music firmly cemented on MP3; always good to have a band which unleashes your sunshine side (I'm sounding very multi-sided in this post, this might be down to my shape revision for maths gcse - or just that I'm a totally technicolour person with many many interests. Yes.) 


How could you not love a band who plays on toy pianos?

No comments:

Post a Comment