Here goes with the Liebster Award...
1) What would your dream job be?
I would love to write and read books and do so without constraints or having to conform to anyone else's standards. Like a kid forever. I'd like to work for a charity doing relief work or humanitarian aid awareness.
2) Who is somebody you look up to or aspire to be like?
I admire Margaret Atwood's way with words and intelligence. I also admire Angelina Jolie's intellect and kindness that she's being a really cool mother with allowing her kids to be transgendered and not defining who they are... I think Florence Welch is visually stunning. Ezra Koenig is ridiculous and smart, I think my history teacher is my image of a well-lived life and, overall, I think I'm always enraptured by the qualities other people have or the things they do.
3) What is a product you just could not live without?
I definitely think I'd be a lot less happier without my moisturiser. It's just a Simple one. I plan to use it till the day I die and not subscribe to the advertising insanity that, as a woman, I need a bunch of different creams to stay 'young'. As if.
4) What is your favorite piece of clothing/ pair of shoes you own?
I'll go with my doc martens because they're my longest lasting shoe and fail-safe. A lot of good times had in them. Also, I kind of love that fake fur coat I got for christmas.
5) What is something you feel proud about?
I'm proud that I started going to see bands on my own. It's really empowering because I don't need to meet anyone to introduce me to new things and make me become more wonderful in a kind of coming-of-age modern fairy tale way... I think I have my lonely, angst-ridden young self to thank for a lot.
6) If you could be in any TV show what would it be?
My So-Called Life. Or Adventure Time.
7) What is your favorite quote?
Two quotes I have on my walls that I can see right now are Maya Angelou's "nothing will work unless you do" and Edvard Munch's "from my rotting body flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity". On the back of my phone I have "FIDLAR". I've probably internalised Derrick Brown's "don't text anyone while talking to anyone" from his poem Grocery List. I think that's important. I just read Brave New World and I quite like those lines from the Tempest.
8) What is something you wish you said to people more?
I wish I waited to say some things, even as seemingly mundane as a 'thank you', so that they sounded sincere. My Dad and I are good at sincere conversations as we're both quiet. I get a bit desperate in social situations and I really think I'd have more to answer if the question talked about wishing you said less.
9) Where do you wish to see yourself in 10 years time?
Hopefully moved out of my parent's house. If I achieve that, the rest is a bonus.
10) What or who is the most important to you?
I think self-respect. That manifests itself in a lot of different ways - like interacting with the people I love. But yes, I think respecting myself is very important.
If you're not bored to death... my eleven facts:
- I'm edging ever closer to becoming a francophile and it is one of my biggest goals to achieve fluency in french
- I've been to see almost thirty bands (at different times and venues!) in the last two years
- I am a vegetarian
- I'm mildly lactose intolerant
- I am inadequate at swimming
- I have a comic book signed by Gerard Way
- I am terrifically short sighted
- I have a bass in the corner that belonged to Fatboy Slim
- My arms are out of proportion with my body and make me look quite orangutan-esque
- I'm an American and British citizen
- I'm going to wear a dress to prom I bought for £6 from a charity shop
My questions for other people are:
1) What's your favourite book?
2) Which director's films do you most enjoy?
3) What one thing would you do if you had one day left to live?
4) Who is your favourite superhero?
5) Guilty pleasure?
6) If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7) What would you like to change about your life?
8) What is something that never fails to make you happy?
9) What do you think is most attractive?
10) Spots or stripes?
Sadly, I don't think I follow eleven active blogs on here! What a sheltered internet life I lead. Also, most people have done the tag already. Therefore I welcome any of you who have made it this far to do the tag! If you're reading this, you've already committed to doing it.*
*It's probably legally binding.